Dobson faces data access inquiry
Elizabeth France, the Data Protection Registrar, suggested that MPs and MEPs who had supplied lists to Mr Dobson's campaign might have acted illegally and said she was ready to open an inquiry.
The move came as Geoff Martin, convener of the union London Unison and a Ken Livingstone supporter, revealed that he was making an official complaint. Last week Mr Dobson's team was found to have used confidential lists of names and addresses of 68,000 Labour Party members for a mailshot.
Both Labour's Millbank HQ and Mr Dobson's campaign claimed last night that the party's registration under the Date Protection Act covered MPs and MEPs.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, George Osborne told
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 4 Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...