Doctor 'ignored dying man'
Wednesday 16 July 1997
Raja Francis Wannaku-Korale allegedly said he could not help the pensioner because he was not a patient of the practice in Salford and continued to write out prescriptions. The professional conduct committee of the General Medical Council was told that the man, Clarence Berry, who was in his 70s, died later.
A passer-by John Snell told how he rushed into the centre after seeing Mr Berry on the pavement. "I was shocked at their disregard. I could not believe that no one would help."
Dr Wannaku-Korale, of Eccles, denies serious professional misconduct over the incident in March last year.
The hearing was adjourned until tomorrow.
- 1 Rice Bucket Challenge: India's take on the Ice Bucket Challenge 'for Indian needs'
- 2 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 Rubble Bucket Challenge: Ice Bucket Challenge adapted in solidarity with Gazans whose homes have been destroyed in conflict
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Make sure you know the new rules from 1 October or risk £1,000 fine
Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
The 13 obscure UK laws you didn’t know you were breaking
13 laws you didn't know you were breaking
Car tax disc changes: Make sure you know the new rules from 1 October or risk £1,000 fine
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Air strikes? Talk of God? Barack Obama is following the jihadists’ script after James Foley beheading
- < Previous
- Next >
£500 - £550 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client are currently...
£50 - £55 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: SEN TAWe are looking to recrui...
£40000 Per Annum dependent on experience: The Green Recruitment Company: They ...
TBC: Test Recruiter for iJobs: Job London (Greater)