Dolly `is ageing unusually quickly'
Thursday 27 May 1999
Tests on Dolly's genetic material have revealed that structures at the tips of her chromosomes are shorter than they should be for a three-year- old animal. The latest research, published in Nature, indicates that the chromosome structures - called telomeres - are more similar to those of a six-year-old sheep.
The findings suggest that any attempts to pursue human cloning should "proceed with caution" because of the potential for long-term problems, Alan Coleman, the Research Director of PPL Therapeutics, said.
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 The nine most warmongering countries in the world revealed
- 4 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
Bank Holiday Monday opening times: Are Tesco, Asda and other supermarkets open today?
Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
The nine most warmongering countries in the world revealed
VMAs 2015: Kanye West runs for president, Nicki Minaj calls out Miley Cyrus and the list of winners in full
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This provider of designer kitch...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: The infrastructure, support services and const...
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...