12-year-old gets A* maths A-level
Friday 19 August 2011
A 12-year-old boy has become one of the youngest people in the country to get a top A* grade in A-level maths.
Yousuf bin-Suhayl was among students picking up their results yesterday. And the youngster, from Marshland St James, near Wisbech, added the A* to an A* maths GCSE that he got three years ago.
Proud father Sohale Rahman told the Eastern Daily Press: "It is a lot of hard work but the most amazing thing is that he did it all himself."
His nine-year-old brother Ibraheem is following hot on his heels and is waiting for his GCSE maths result next week.
The boys are taught at home and are also keen chess players - Ibraheem is Norfolk's under nine champion while Yousuf plays for the county.
Yousuf was helped by Wisbech Grammar School which allowed him to sit in A-level classes for free.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...
£22000 - £38000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£22000 - £37000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...