Basketball: England team in open revolt
Saturday 28 February 1998
Now, despite a win which propelled them to third place in their semi- final round group, they are in open revolt. Threatening not to play for the team next season, a joint statement said: "There is currently no accountability within the corridors of power in English basketball and no respect for national team members."
Snack foods were the only provision made by the English Basketball Association to compensate for substandard food in Belarus.
The coach, Laszlo Nemeth, said: "I am totally committed to the players but have no respect for chief executive Steve Catton and the Association."
Catton responded by saying: "No one wants to be associated with a team who behaves like this."
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
Leaked documents show Ukip leaders approve NHS privatisation once it becomes more 'acceptable to the electorate'
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: On behalf of a successful academy i...
£12000 - £14400 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: Experienced Cover Supervisor...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: We currently have an opportunity for you to jo...