Education Letter: Living on the edge
Thursday 25 February 1999
The solution is simple: every male teacher must work alongside a female classroom assistant, who is there to tend to the physical needs of the children, and monitor the behaviour of the male teacher. Alongside this, video cameras should be placed in corridors and other areas of the school. This may be costly, but it would allow male teachers to concentrate on their jobs and improve the delivery of education and standards.
This is an urgent problem and must be given top priority. To expect male teachers to live on a constant "knife edge" is unreasonable, unless the Government is prepared to pay huge compensation fees for the distress caused, and the careers ruined, of those accused teachers found innocent.
MR D B G WILLIAM
Please send your letters to Wendy Berliner, Editor, Education, `The Independent', 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5DL. Include a daytime telephone number. Fax letters to Education on 0171 293 2451; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters may be edited for length and clarity
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Chemical and radiation experts investigate after death of man found inside tent in field
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...
£22000 - £38000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£22000 - £37000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...