Open Eye: Department of useless information
Thursday 03 December 1998
Accessing www.openlink.org connects you with the unique OU alumni site, believed to be the only working university graduate site in the UK.
In addition to keeping you up to date with activities in the University and its associations, it has a popular discussion area (subjects ranging from Clinton to courses), and a chat line, a career service - with opportunities especially designed for graduates - small ads, and facilities for networking and mentoring.
On one day last week we welcomed surfers from all over the world: seven from New York, four from Tonga, two from Colorado (that was our website controller, during his Thanksgiving holiday), France, California, Finland, Italy, Ireland, Brazil, Netherlands, Thailand, and Nova Scotia.
The average user is operating Microsoft 4.x, nearly 60 percent with the Netscape users at 4 percent. About 3 percent of user sessions were via Netscape 2.x which does not support Java, whatever that means.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum experience dependent: The Green Recruitment Company:...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Teacher of English - N...
£230 - £300 per day: Charter Selection: A leading Further Education College ba...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Schools in developing countries struggle with...