Stark warning over Catholic school abuse
A Roman Catholic School where pupils suffered physical and sexual abuse over several decades should no longer be run by the church, an independent report has recommended.
The report into St Benedict's School in London found 21 cases of abuse since 1970. Lord Carlile of Berriew wrote that the abuse had been "mostly – but not exclusively - as a result of the activities of the monastic community," and said "any semblance of a conflict of interest, of lack of independent scrutiny, must be removed".
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how Corporation is funded
Stephen Hawking's wife Jane Wilde on their marriage breakdown: 'The family were left behind'
Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
With money, corruption and drugs, this monk fears Buddhism in Thailand is a ‘poisoned fruit’
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 The jihadi girls who went to Syria weren't just radicalised by Isis — they were groomed
expenses on shoots: WORLDbytes: Volunteering with a media based charity,for a ...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: A school in Tameside is currently l...
£50 - £70 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Tradewind are currently looking for ...
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...