Valentine: Red channel
Saturday 14 February 1998
Do not be over-generous when tipping or paying for small errands or favours; this will give out the wrong signals.
Be wary of well-worn "sob" stories, eg "No milk for the twins"; "I live in Brikama [or Lamin], just around the corner". The list goes on and on.
If you are walking along the beach when approached, it helps if you walk into the sea. Gambians are keen footballers and are invariably reluctant to get their trainers wet.
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£26000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£100 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Nottingham: Exciting Opportunity, Rand...
£50 - £60 per day: Randstad Education Nottingham: Behaviour Support Worker Th...
£50 - £60 per day: Randstad Education Nottingham: Randstad Education are looki...