Leading article: The name game
Thursday 03 February 2005
For the second time, Anglia Polytechnic University is thinking about a name change.
For the second time, Anglia Polytechnic University is thinking about a name change. Last time it considered the matter, it decided to stick with the confusing title. So the question still arises: is it a university, or is it a poly? No one would care if top-up fees were not being introduced in 2006. But fees will concentrate the minds of prospective students and make them think harder about where they are going. So APU is considering three titles: Anglia, Anglia Ruskin University or Anglia Metropolitan University. It would be well advised to include Cambridge in the title. Then it might become as highly regarded as Oxford Brookes.
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Negotiable: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad Education is the largest ed...
£120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Experienced English Teacher in Gr...
£110 - £150 per day: Randstad Education Group: Year 5 and KS2 Teachers wanted ...
£120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: SEN English Teacher - Southend-On...