Elderly farmer killed by bull
Monday 22 March 1999
Brian Warren, 86, was killed by the animal at Hall Farm in the village of Fornham All Saints in Suffolk.
The widower was attacked by the five-year-old Simmental in a field at his farm on Saturday night. Emergency services were prevented from helping him for half an hour until the bull was put down by a local gamekeeper. By the time doctors reached Mr Warren, who ran the farm with his son Martin, 36, he had died from his injuries.
His friend Sebastian White said that Mr Warren's death would be a sad loss to the community. "He was a great person to be with and had a great sense of humour. He was a very kind person who will be greatly missed," he said.
Mr White, 34, said that despite his age, Mr Warren was fighting-fit and still worked on the farm as normal. "He was a very fit man andwould have shown up someone half his age," he said.
He was attacked by the bull as he went to check for newborn lambs at the start of the lambing season.
The Health and Safety Executive has been informed and an inquest will take place.
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CHESHIRE MARKET TOWN - An exciting and rare o...
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE - SENIOR POSITION - An exciti...
£29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Gas Installation Engineer is required ...
£28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Domestic Gas Technical Surveyor is req...