Election '97: Mellor takes on Sir James
Unveiling a pounds 75,000 advertising campaign opposing a fifth terminal at Heathrow airport, the Tory MP said the Referendum Party leader's flirtation with politics was "little more than an act of eccentricity".
Using Terminal Five as an example, Mr Mellor said: "When the Putney Society wrote to all the candidates asking them their views about Terminal Five someone on his [Goldsmith's] team wrote back and said he couldn't really say anything because he hadn't formulated any opinions."
Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
World news in pictures
X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
'There are empty spaces where there used to be living rooms, bedrooms, classrooms': President Barack Obama says America is praying for Oklahoma in wake of tornado that claimed 24 lives
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 4 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 5 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£26000 - £33000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£53000 - £58000 per annum: Randstad Education Group: Assistant Headteacher - S...
£22500 - £50000 per annum: Randstad Education Plymouth: This Devon School has ...
£37,382-£44,607: UCL Qatar: The appointment is full-time on UCL Grade 8. The s...