- Millionaire Paul Sykes, who offered to help pay election expenses for Tory candidates opposed to the Government's "wait-and-see" policy on Europe
I have had communications with my grandson. It was not a soundbite, I can assure.
- Paddy Ashdown on the new family member
There are only four parties seeking government, and the Referendum Party is one of them
- Referendum Party lawyer Geoffrey Robertson QC argues for more election broadcasts
It did not occur to me that Mr Dorrell would come out with what he said. I was in shock.
- Pet Whittaker, responding to a the minister's suggestion that she change to a fundholding GP in order to secure a heart bypass operation
Good heavens no! ... I have been saying to the candidates, are you trying to become a member of Parliament only to hand over the powers of Parliament to Brussels, a non-elected bureaucracy? I invented the answer - No, no, no.
- Lady Thatcher, asked whether Britain should enter the single currency
We are going to make the most comprehensive attack on crime this country has seen
- Tony Blair`s party election broadcast
We were unable to have nurses here because they were specifically told they would lose their jobs
- Local councillor Jean Smith explains why there were no nurses at a Liberal Democrat campaign meeting in Chard
- Edwina Currie's opinion of the Conservatives' "dummy" advertsReuse content