1. Which three colours are the subject of the film trilogy of that name? a. Green red and white; b. Blue white and red; c. Yellow blue and green; d. Green white and orange.
2. The fertility rate is falling everywhere in the world except: a. South America; b. Japan; c. Africa; d. Italy.
3. Which one of the following cities belonged to Charles V's Empire? a. Avignon; b. Copenhagen; c. Rome; d. Ghent
4. Which of the following artists was not a member of the Vienna Secession? a. Friedensreich Hundertwasser; b. Egon Schiele; c. Gustav Klimt; d. Kolo Moser
5. Which one of the following countries was never colonised? a. Burma/Myanmar; b. Laos; c. Siam/Thailand; d. Cameroon
6. The second nearest planet to the Sun is: a. Venus; b. Mercury; c. Jupiter; d. Mars
7.Which is the oldest of the following geological periods? a. Jurassic; b. Cambrian; c. Tertiary; d. Carboniferous
8. Who is head of fashion at Chanel? a. Karl Lagerfeld; b. Jil Sander; c. John Galliano; d. Vivienne Westwood
9. SHAPE has its headquarters near which of the following? a. Washington; b. Fontainebleau; c. Mons; d. Wiesbaden
10. The Congress of Vienna led to the creation of which one of the following? a. Swiss Confederation; b. Kingdom of Denmark; c. Kingdom of Belgium; d. United Kingdom of the Netherlands
11.The European Parliament is elected by direct suffrage for: a. four years; b. a period fixed by the Council of the EU whenever elections are held; c. five years; d. seven years
12. Which of these states has the smallest surface area? a. Andorra; b. Monaco; c. San Marino; d. The Vatican
13. Which one of the following is not a computer programming language? a. VECTOR; b. PASCAL; c. COBOL; d. APL
14.How many telephone calls can be transmitted simultaneously through an optical fibre cable? a. Approximately 1,300,000; b. approx 30,000; c. exactly 2; d. exactly 331
15. True or false? a.The unfinished symphony in B minor was composed by Franz Schubert; b. The Messiah was composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven; c. The Four Seasons was composed by GF Handel; d. The opera Dido and Aeneas was composed by Antonio Vivaldi.
ANSWERS: 1. B; 2. C; 3. D; 4. A; 5. C; 6. A; 7. B; 8. C; 9. C; 10. D; 11. C; 12. D; 13. A; 14. B 5. A is true. The others are false.Reuse content