Gas killed football club captain

Click to follow
The Independent Online
Police and gas engineers were yesterday investigating the deaths of the captain of Scotland's leading First Division football team and his girlfriend at his home.

Norrie McCarthie, 34, and Amanda Burns, were found dead on Monday night at McCarthie's home in Fife after he missed training with Dunfermline Athletic. He had played for the side for 15 years, the last eight as captain.

Gas engineers were examining the cottage after post mortem examinations found the couple both died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Police said there were no suspicious circumstances.

Comments