Gem gives Oasis rhythm again
Saturday 06 November 1999
Gem has replaced rhythm guitarist Paul "Bonehead" Arthurs, who quit after finishing work on the group's fourth album, Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants. The band have been working on a video for the first single, "Go Let It Out", due for release on 7 February.
Oasis have been pals with Gem since Heavy Stereo - who shared the same record label - opened for them at their show at Cardiff International Arena in March 1996. They also played at the Oasis open-air gig at Loch Lomond later that year.
Gem has been an Oasis fan since the early days. In a 1995 interview he said: "Oasis are an absolute flagship. When they got to number one it was brilliant... You felt proud waiting at the school bus stop."
Oasis still need a bass player to take over from Paul "Guigsy" McGuigan, who left shortly before Arthurs.
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£70 - £90 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Higher Level Teaching Assist...
£50 - £80 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Randstad Education is the UK...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...