GP charged with telling tales
Wednesday 23 April 1997
Robert Shephard told the General Medical Council's professional conduct committee that Dr Norman Shannon, 54, told - in a loud voice - that Mrs A had had artificial insemination. He also claimed that the GP, of Water Orton, Birmingham, spoke of Mr A, who was away from work on sick leave, as having "stress-related problems".
Dr Shannon denies disclosing to Mr Shephard confidential details relating to Mr and Mrs A's medical histories without their consent and in a voice loud enough to be overheard by other customers and staff at the Cock Inn in Wishaw, Warwickshire.
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...