GP forgot his medical bag
Tuesday 12 March 1996
Jane Sullivan, barrister to the council, told its Professional Conduct Committee that Dr Ashwini Kumar Singh prescribed the drugs without making a proper blood pressure test on 86-year-old Ada Tinsley, of Lee Green, south-east London, on 4 January 1993. The following day, she was taken to hospital where she died.
Ms Sullivan said: "The allegation is that the mixture of drugs . . . was potentially dangerous when there had been no proper test of Mrs Tinsley's blood pressure and he had made no proper attempts to monitor her progress."
Dr Singh, 46, of Deptford, south-east London, is also accused of failing to visit cancer victim George Barnes, of Lewisham, on several occasions in 1992. "In both cases we allege the doctor seriously disregarded his professional duties to his patients," said Ms Sullivan.
Professor James Barber, ofGlasgow University, told the committee that Dr Singh's treatment of Mrs Tinsley was "probably not as good as that of the average medical school student".
Dr Singh admits not taking his medical bag but denies the other charges.
The hearing continues today.
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
More than 200 flights delayed and cancelled at Heathrow as air traffic control problem affects airports across Britain
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: QA Manual Tester FX Trading Platform/Derivative...
£34999 - £43001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 firm in ...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Software E...
£45000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Java In...