Ivana goes into the media business in Croatia
Thursday 22 January 1998
Ivana Trump, the Czech-born former wife of American billionaire property tycoon Donald, has bought a major stake in Croatian daily newspaper Slobodna Dalmacija. Ms Trump said she was also negotiating deals to invest in a nationwide private television network and a department store in the centre of Croatia's second city, Split. All three are owned by Croatian tycoon Miroslav Kutle's Globus Group.
Ms Trump said she would edit a weekly page in Slobodna. Among other plans, she mentioned an investment in Mr Kutle's Prima 1 store, which Ms Trump said would be turned into another outlet in her chain "House of Ivana", and the launch of a shopping channel on his network TV Mreza.
- Reuters, Split
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 3 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Exclusive: Woolwich killings suspect Michael Adebolajo was inspired by cleric banned from UK after urging followers to behead enemies of Islam
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.