Beale's Best In Show: Orange (Poke)
Monday 23 June 2008
In Cannes last week Lord Puttnam, one-time Sixties adman now chairman of the digital agency Profero, hit out at advertisers for being obsessed with "trendy" websites like Facebook.
I think Puttnam might approve of the new digital ad campaign for Orange, by the agency Poke. Yes, it taps into trendy social-networking sites but this is a campaign that ranges wide across the web. And it's clever.
It's called the Orange Balloon Race and it kicks off this week using digital versions of those animal-shaped balloons from the Orange Pay-As-You-Go ad campaign to challenge people to "fly" across 1,500 websites.
Once would-be contestants have signed up, they all start from the Balloon Race homepage (playballoonacy.com) and race around the web, powering their balloon with pop-up controls and tools embedded in social-networking sites to boost their progress.
The owner of the first balloon past the post wins a luxury seven-night holiday. This is one of those rare digital campaigns: a smart idea coupled with great creative work and some really innovative tools to capture the imagination.
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Highly Competitive Salary + Commission: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL BASED - DEALING ...
£45-50k (DOE) + Bonus & Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced ...
£30 - 35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Account Manager to join ...
£Excellent + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Social Advertising Manager / Social Med...