Beale's Best in show: Tourism Australia
Monday 13 October 2008
Baz Luhrmann probably considers himself an artist. He makes big commercial movies (Romeo & Juliet, Moulin Rouge) but he also makes commercials (Nicole Kidman in an ad for Chanel No 5). And now he’s made an ad for Tourism Australia.
We can’t show you a picture from it because Baz won’t allow images to be released to the media. You can watch it on YouTube, though, and here’s a taster from the press advertising campaign. An over-worked woman in a failing relationship is lured by an Aboriginal child to Australia where, yes, she rediscovers herself. It’s as cheesy as a teenager’s trainers but it’s gorgeously filmed… and I want to go.
World's most lethal spider found under a bunch of bananas
Rumours that the star wants to move on to pastures new
TV presenter Fiona Bruce seemed a bit startled by the find during the filming of Antiques Roadshow
Comedian says he 'never laughed as hard as I have writing with Rik'
Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it behind the disease that has killed thousands?
Oscar Pistorius sentencing: Olympic star must serve 10 years, prosecutor urges
Isis fighters 'crucify' 17-year-old boy in Syria
Teenage boy gang raped at party is left in critical condition by attackers
Oscar Pistorius sentencing: Athlete's wealth and notoriety have provoked an overdue debate on South African prisons
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientists who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it behind the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia dubbed 'bit of plastic' by Antiques Roadshow's Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans
- 5 Michael McIntyre walks off stage after woman in the front row uses her phone
competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: An award-winning global mul...
£35k £40k DOE + £15k Commission + Results based share options: Savvy Media Ltd...
£18-23K: Savvy Media Ltd: You know the latest viral videos going round on Face...
£40k basic, £70K with OTE: Savvy Media Ltd: If you want to work for a global l...