Claire Beale's Best in show: Toshiba (Grey)
Monday 24 November 2008
Grey Advertising doesn’t often find itself basking in praise. Particularly not for its creative work. But change has been on the agenda for 2008 and, just in the nick of time, they’ve unleashed an ad that has the industry taking notice.
Grey’s campaign is a technical wonder, just like Toshiba’s LCD televisions apparently. It uses a souped-up version of a technique called ‘bullet time’, which basically shows people repeating the same action, a bit like a stuck record, while others come and go around them in real time. It’s breathtaking and mesmerisingly watchable. And I honestly can’t think of another Grey ad, ever, that I’d say that about.
The making of 'Toshiba Timesculpture'
Stephen Hawking's wife Jane Wilde on their marriage breakdown: 'The family were left behind'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Putin critic may have been murdered by Islamic extremists, says president-led committee
British are sexually uptight, dirty and drink too much – according to Spanish book
PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
White and gold or blue and black – what colour is the dress? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + up to £45,000: Sauce Recruitment: The Internation...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A thriving online media busines...