Here comes the sun – and 2012's M&S campaign
Marks & Spencer debuted its summer advert last night, and after 2011's Miami-set extravaganza it has gone for a British theme, featuring egg and spoon races, rowing boats and more Union Jacks than a BNP convention. Fans of M&S' formulaic advertising won't be disappointed; this one ticks every box.
Twiggy, Myleene and Dannii are still the best of friends who have more fun than a gaggle of seven-year-olds at Disneyland. Their faces must hurt from smiling.
Noemie Lenoir, the face of M&S underwear, wears less than everyone else, namely a bikini top. To play tennis in.
Jamie Redknapp, the thinking marketer's dull/handsome footballer of choice (see also Thomas Cook, Nintendo) is on hand to show a well-scrubbed pack of kids how to play.
An inoffensive song that the M&S demographic loves ("Here Comes The Sun") is covered by an inoffensive artist that the M&S demographic loves (Gary Barlow). It will probably go to number one.
International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
Feminist quotes to inspire you on the International Women's Day
Oscar Pistorius trial first week: Never mind a media scrum – murder case becomes bizarre safari following the tracks of a wounded lion
International Women’s Day: 'When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch' - feminist quotes from female icons to inspire you
Malaysia Airlines plane: Oil slick is first sign that missing flight crashed into sea killing up to 239 on board
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Founded in 2008 by two Chinese tech entre...
£40000 - £47000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Pro-Recruitment Group: Qualified...
£6.31 per hour: Inspiring Interns: This company delivers over 200 public secto...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K Base + Uncapped Commission + Benefits: Flight...