Here comes the sun – and 2012's M&S campaign
Marks & Spencer debuted its summer advert last night, and after 2011's Miami-set extravaganza it has gone for a British theme, featuring egg and spoon races, rowing boats and more Union Jacks than a BNP convention. Fans of M&S' formulaic advertising won't be disappointed; this one ticks every box.
Twiggy, Myleene and Dannii are still the best of friends who have more fun than a gaggle of seven-year-olds at Disneyland. Their faces must hurt from smiling.
Noemie Lenoir, the face of M&S underwear, wears less than everyone else, namely a bikini top. To play tennis in.
Jamie Redknapp, the thinking marketer's dull/handsome footballer of choice (see also Thomas Cook, Nintendo) is on hand to show a well-scrubbed pack of kids how to play.
An inoffensive song that the M&S demographic loves ("Here Comes The Sun") is covered by an inoffensive artist that the M&S demographic loves (Gary Barlow). It will probably go to number one.
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
£12500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A subscriptions and marketing a...
£15000 - £22200 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious candidate is requi...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A sub-editor is required to joi...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Enjoying rapid growth we contin...