Jesus mobile phone advert is banned
Wednesday 07 September 2011
A phone advert featuring a cartoon picture of Jesus winking and giving a thumbs-up sign was banned by the advertising watchdog yesterday.
The publicity for Phones 4 U, which was used in the national press on 21 April this year, showed Jesus with the Sacred Heart on his chest and the slogan "Miraculous deals on Samsung Galaxy Android phones".
The Advertising Standards Authority said it was likely to cause offence and should not be used. The ASA said: "Their depiction of Jesus during Easter, the Christian Holy Week, gave the impression they were mocking core Christian beliefs."
The one chart that shows how George Osborne is almost certainly going to be our next Prime Minister
The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
Bono's group has made more money from Facebook investment than from all his music
Three-year-old ultra-Orthodox Jewish children told 'the non-Jews' are 'evil' in worksheet produced by London school
Wikipedia rocked by 'rogue editors' blackmail scam targeting small businesses and celebrities
- 1 Three-year-old ultra-Orthodox Jewish children told 'the non-Jews' are 'evil' in worksheet produced by London school
- 2 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 3 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 4 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 5 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
£12000 - £13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This social media management pr...
£23000 - £26000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Deputy Editor - Wimbledon...
£26000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Editor (Magazines/Publish...
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...