Marks and Spencer ditches celebs in latest ad campaign
Tuesday 04 September 2012
Marks and Spencer has ditched celebrity faces for its latest clothing campaign in favour of a range of models to mirror its “broad customer base”.
A total of 10 women ranging in age from 20 to 57 and from size 8 to 16 will model the retailer's Autumn 2012 collection in a campaign which "firmly makes the clothes the hero of the piece", it said in a statement.
M&S first replaced its celebrity team - including Twiggy, Myleene Klass and Lisa Snowdon - with "ordinary models" for its Autumn campaign last year.
However it is understood that the familiar faces will be used again in the future.
M&S said: "The campaign features a selection of models representing a range of ages and sizes which mirror M&S' broad customer base."
The clothes, which reflect "military, ladylike, geometric and texture" trends include a gold sequin top, textured trousers, an olive green double breasted coat and slim-leg gold and black trousers.
The print, TV and digital ads launch this week.
Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
Man who was struck and killed by lightning in Brecon Beacons 'was carrying a selfie stick'
Greece debt crisis as it happened: EU chiefs at loggerheads hours before Alexis Tsipras’s last ditch deal proposals
Bakery sends 'horrific' version of Frozen-themed birthday cake to unsuspecting customer
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A full-service agency based in ...
£12500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A subscriptions and marketing a...
£15000 - £22200 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious candidate is requi...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A sub-editor is required to joi...