Marks and Spencer ditches celebs in latest ad campaign
Tuesday 04 September 2012
Marks and Spencer has ditched celebrity faces for its latest clothing campaign in favour of a range of models to mirror its “broad customer base”.
A total of 10 women ranging in age from 20 to 57 and from size 8 to 16 will model the retailer's Autumn 2012 collection in a campaign which "firmly makes the clothes the hero of the piece", it said in a statement.
M&S first replaced its celebrity team - including Twiggy, Myleene Klass and Lisa Snowdon - with "ordinary models" for its Autumn campaign last year.
However it is understood that the familiar faces will be used again in the future.
M&S said: "The campaign features a selection of models representing a range of ages and sizes which mirror M&S' broad customer base."
The clothes, which reflect "military, ladylike, geometric and texture" trends include a gold sequin top, textured trousers, an olive green double breasted coat and slim-leg gold and black trousers.
The print, TV and digital ads launch this week.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela's death: South Africa and the world mourns loss of Nelson Mandela
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: "Exciting Audit S...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Put your media, photography and arts flair in...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits: PCR Recruitment Limited: Europ...