Misleading Stansted Express ad banned
Wednesday 08 September 2010
Posters for the Stansted Express have been banned for wrongly implying that the train would take passengers to central London in 35 minutes, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) said yesterday.
Posters at Stansted airport read: "Train to London 35 minutes" with images of landmarks including Big Ben and the London Eye.
One person complained that the ad was misleading because he understood passengers would only get as far as Tottenham Hale in north London in 35 minutes. The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) noted that the journey to central London took 45 minutes.
National Express, which runs the service, said it used simple messages to communicate to international visitors. But the ASA ruled that the advertisements were likely to mislead passengers.
'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
Elizabeth Norment dead: House of Cards actress honoured by Kevin Spacey after she dies aged 61
Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 3 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 4 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
- 5 Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
£25 - 32k DOE: Guru Careers: A digital-savvy Marketing Account Manager / Clien...
£23-30k (DOE) + Bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking bright Business Developmen...
Circa £55,000: Ashdown Group: Lead Developer requirement - C#, ASP.NET, SQL - ...
38,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: My client is an agency that handles the me...