Most complaints for 'kicking cat' ad
Thursday 12 May 2011
An advert in which a cat was kicked across a football pitch by blind players attracted the most complaints in 2010, according to the Advertising Standards Authority.
A total of 1,313 people complained to the ASA about the ad for bookmakers Paddy Power, saying it was offensive to blind people and could encourage cruelty to animals. The complaints were dismissed because the ad was "light-hearted in tone".
Times are so tough in Italy that Mafiosi are considering getting jobs
The man they forgot to lock up: Mike Anderson was sentenced to 13 years in jail, but the police never came
Queen turns 88: David Bailey captures another side of the Queen in birthday portrait
Unbeliebable: The White House offers 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
South Korea ferry disaster: Families watch as remains of Sewol victims returned to shore
- 1 ‘Leeds is on fire’: Huge chemical-fuelled blaze on Armley industrial estate leads to hazardous smoke warning for city
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Queen turns 88: David Bailey captures another side of the Queen in birthday portrait
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers
£26K-30k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£25K-28k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...