Most complaints for 'kicking cat' ad
Thursday 12 May 2011
An advert in which a cat was kicked across a football pitch by blind players attracted the most complaints in 2010, according to the Advertising Standards Authority.
A total of 1,313 people complained to the ASA about the ad for bookmakers Paddy Power, saying it was offensive to blind people and could encourage cruelty to animals. The complaints were dismissed because the ad was "light-hearted in tone".
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: An award-winning global mul...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel your sales role is l...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£50000 - £55000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Vendor Services Manager (...