We'll take you to court, Vatican tells Benetton
The Vatican has vowed to take legal action against the Italian fashion chain Benetton in retaliation for an advertising campaign that features an image of the Pope kissing an Egyptian imam.
Lawyers acting for the Vatican were told to "take the proper legal measures" to stop any use of the doctored photo, despite an announcement made by Benetton on Wednesday saying it would pull the image from its campaign.
A spokesperson for the Vatican said the picture is "damaging to not only to dignity of the pope and the Catholic Church but also to the feelings of believers", but it is unclear on what grounds the Vatican is proposing to sue.
Other adverts in the campaign feature France's Nicolas Sarkozy kissing Germany's Angela Merkel and US President Barack Obama kissing the Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez – world leaders who do not share the closest of friendships.
Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Scottish teenager dies after suspected ice bucket challenge goes horribly wrong
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- < Previous
- Next >
£30-35k + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Management Accoun...
£40 - 60k + Amazing Benefits: Guru Careers: A UI Designer / UX Designer is nee...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: An SEO Manager / SEO Expert is needed to join an inno...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...