H A R D C O P Y
Tuesday 25 April 1995
The battle for British Airways' £60m worldwide advertising account will be resolved this week. The pitch marks the first head-on clash between Maurice Saatchi's new agency and his old one; J Walter Thompson and Bartle Bogart Hegarty are also in the running. Saatchi & Saatchi called in the decorators to create "a feeling of light and space", using a Van der Graff generator to heighten the effect. Meanwhile, JWT redecorated its offices and dressed its pitch teams in BA garb. A third stunt included filling the building with red, white and blue flowers. The winner can look forward to fees worth about £4m - just as well since the pitch is already estimated to have cost the four more than £1m.
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
£26K-30k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£25K-28k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...