H A R D C O P Y
Tuesday 25 April 1995
The battle for British Airways' £60m worldwide advertising account will be resolved this week. The pitch marks the first head-on clash between Maurice Saatchi's new agency and his old one; J Walter Thompson and Bartle Bogart Hegarty are also in the running. Saatchi & Saatchi called in the decorators to create "a feeling of light and space", using a Van der Graff generator to heighten the effect. Meanwhile, JWT redecorated its offices and dressed its pitch teams in BA garb. A third stunt included filling the building with red, white and blue flowers. The winner can look forward to fees worth about £4m - just as well since the pitch is already estimated to have cost the four more than £1m.
'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
Elizabeth Norment dead: House of Cards actress honoured by Kevin Spacey after she dies aged 61
Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 3 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 4 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
- 5 Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
£25 - 32k DOE: Guru Careers: A digital-savvy Marketing Account Manager / Clien...
£23-30k (DOE) + Bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking bright Business Developmen...
Circa £55,000: Ashdown Group: Lead Developer requirement - C#, ASP.NET, SQL - ...
38,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: My client is an agency that handles the me...