H A R D C O P Y
Tuesday 25 April 1995
The battle for British Airways' £60m worldwide advertising account will be resolved this week. The pitch marks the first head-on clash between Maurice Saatchi's new agency and his old one; J Walter Thompson and Bartle Bogart Hegarty are also in the running. Saatchi & Saatchi called in the decorators to create "a feeling of light and space", using a Van der Graff generator to heighten the effect. Meanwhile, JWT redecorated its offices and dressed its pitch teams in BA garb. A third stunt included filling the building with red, white and blue flowers. The winner can look forward to fees worth about £4m - just as well since the pitch is already estimated to have cost the four more than £1m.
Most expensive city to live in for expatriates: Luanda, Angola takes number one spot with Hong Kong and Zurich in top three
Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
Irish tourist filmed fighting with shopkeepers in Turkey says 'they messed with the wrong man'
House of Lords: Outcry as donors, fixers and MPs caught up in expenses scandal are handed peerages
Moody neurotics are more likely to be creative geniuses, study says
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
COMPETITIVE + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: A Lead Systems Developer / Sof...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: The world's leading financial services careers...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Digital Marketing Executive...
40-45K DOE + Benefits: Guru Careers: An Account Manager / Senior Account Manag...