Blinkx adds music video search tool
Tuesday 27 October 2009
Online video search engine blinkx launched a new tool Tuesday to find and watch music videos on the Internet.
Freshly launched blinkx Music has indexed more than 33,000 hours of music videos from over 10,000 artists.
"There are hundreds of thousands of music videos available on the Web today, which makes it nearly impossible to navigate and find what you are looking for," said blinkx founder and chief executive Suranga Chandratillake.
"We built blinkx Music to help our users find their favorite music videos quickly, easily and in one place."
Blinkx allows searches by artist, album, genre or song. Search results include information about artists and their careers.
The online tool founded in 2004 boasts more than 35 million hours of video and audio content in its index. The company is based in San Francisco.
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Greece elections: Greek PM Alexis Tsipras takes aim at 'neo-liberal' Europe as country gears up for prolonged austerity battle
Auschwitz liberation 70th anniversary: Woman sent to three Nazi death camps describes surviving gas chamber
Prince Philip set to be knighted by Australia: Celebrate by reading his greatest gaffes
New York snow: Winter Storm Juno downgraded as 'one of the largest snowstorms in history' fails to show
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
competitive + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: An award-winning global multi-media...
£26017.21 - £32521.19 per annum + OTE $90,000: Sauce Recruitment: My client is...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + 25 days holidays & pension: Ashdown Group: Marketi...
£60-80k fixed + 20-30% bonus + benefits + Pre-IPO shares: Sphere Digital Recru...