Blinkx adds music video search tool
Tuesday 27 October 2009
Online video search engine blinkx launched a new tool Tuesday to find and watch music videos on the Internet.
Freshly launched blinkx Music has indexed more than 33,000 hours of music videos from over 10,000 artists.
"There are hundreds of thousands of music videos available on the Web today, which makes it nearly impossible to navigate and find what you are looking for," said blinkx founder and chief executive Suranga Chandratillake.
"We built blinkx Music to help our users find their favorite music videos quickly, easily and in one place."
Blinkx allows searches by artist, album, genre or song. Search results include information about artists and their careers.
The online tool founded in 2004 boasts more than 35 million hours of video and audio content in its index. The company is based in San Francisco.
Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Wreckage could be found within a week as search reaches 'very critical juncture', says minister
Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
Royal Tour 2014: Is the Duchess of Cambridge the only person ever to climb into a fighter jet wearing a dress and high heels?
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
£26K-30k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£25K-28k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...