Bytes: BT bandwidth breakthrough
Tuesday 06 May 1997
Worldwide PC sales soar
Worldwide personal computer sales grew by 16 per cent over the first quarter, compared to 13 per cent year-on-year growth in the fourth quarter of 1996, according to International Data Corp. IDC attributes the growth to the arrival of new products on the market such as MMX-based and sub- $1,000 (pounds 650) desktop computers that spurred upgrades and attracted first- time buyers. The United States saw PC unit shipments increase by 20 per cent, the highest quarterly growth rate since 1995, making it the fastest growth of any major region. Compaq Computer Corp led the way yet again, followed by IBM and Dell Computer Corp, both in the United States and worldwide.
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: A Senior Account Manager / SAM is needed to join the ...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Manager...