Bytes: BT bandwidth breakthrough
Tuesday 06 May 1997
Worldwide PC sales soar
Worldwide personal computer sales grew by 16 per cent over the first quarter, compared to 13 per cent year-on-year growth in the fourth quarter of 1996, according to International Data Corp. IDC attributes the growth to the arrival of new products on the market such as MMX-based and sub- $1,000 (pounds 650) desktop computers that spurred upgrades and attracted first- time buyers. The United States saw PC unit shipments increase by 20 per cent, the highest quarterly growth rate since 1995, making it the fastest growth of any major region. Compaq Computer Corp led the way yet again, followed by IBM and Dell Computer Corp, both in the United States and worldwide.
Times are so tough in Italy that Mafiosi are considering getting jobs
The man they forgot to lock up: Mike Anderson was sentenced to 13 years in jail, but the police never came
Unbeliebable: The White House offers 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
South Korea ferry disaster: Families watch as remains of Sewol victims returned to shore
- 1 Disabled people are trapped in assessment 'nightmare' by PIP benefits regime, says Dr Stephen Duckworth
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Queen turns 88: David Bailey captures another side of the Queen in birthday portrait
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers
£26K-30k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£25K-28k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...