Tuesday 16 May 1995
Apart from Cliff Richard's lime green jacket worn for the Buckingham Palace shindig last Monday, the highlight of the BBC's VE Day programming was the documentary Anne Frank Remembered. Joely Richardson pulled off a convincingly delicate performance as the young Anne, who died in Bergen- Belsen aged 15. Word now comes of the American co-producer's first choice to play the Dutch teenager. Step forward the tough talking, very American, fortysomething Glenn Close.
Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
Ancient 2,400-year-old gold bongs discovered in Russia
Porn stars in California may be forced to wear goggles under new legislation
Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Rapid growth has seen a number ...
£20 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Graduate Software Develop...
£16000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: High quality, dedicated Delegat...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...