"Croc kills wildebeest" (Coca-Cola)
Tuesday 29 April 2008
ASA verdict - Not upheld
What the ASA said:
A vicious attack by a crocodile on an unlucky wildebeest who’s travelled thousand of miles to reach a watering hole attracted complaints from viewers who found this ad offensive and distressing because is depicted the violent death of an animal in a trivial way. Some complaints also objected that their children were frightened by the ad. The ad, which was for the soft drink Oasis, was cleared for broadcast after 7.30pm.
We considered the ad was likely to be seen as a light-hearted spoof of nature documentaries and noted there were no graphic images of the animal being struck or bitten. We considered the post 7.30pm restriction was reasonable to ensure it was not seen by children unsupervised and therefore unlikely to cause serious or widespread offence.
Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
World news in pictures
Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
Oklahoma tornado latest: Obama pledges support for 'as long as it takes' to rebuild the suburb of Moore
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer- £200-£250 London...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Bens: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal/PHP Develope...
Travel and lunch expenses: ESI Media: Rare work experience opportunity for asp...
£28000 - £36000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...