Current Google Insights trends: Chrome OS, 'New Moon,' Taylor Lautner
Tuesday 24 November 2009
Google's Chrome operating system is the search term showing the most significant growth on Google Insights on November 24.
A majority of the searches for "Chrome OS" are being generated by people in Taiwan, China, the Netherlands and India on the morning of November 24.
Google opened up the Chromium OS open-source project to the public on November 19 as part of the larger Chrome project. This announcement received wide-ranging publicity in technology blogs and news websites, in turn generating a much higher rate of Google searches for Chrome OS.
Searches for the teen vampire flick New Moon, the second film in the Twilight saga, continue unrelentingly. People across the world are typing "New Moon" into Google's search box hoping to find information about cinema screening times and locations, or looking for places where they can watch the movie trailer online.
Searches for American actor, Twilight star and teenage heartthrob Taylor Lautner started to gain interest after New Moon opened in the US. And on November 24, six of the top ten Google Insights search terms are related to the film.
The search terms with the most significant growth worldwide in the last seven days as measured by Google Insights, recorded on November 24 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. chrome os (+500%)
2. new moon (+190%)
3. twilight new moon (+180%)
4. taylor lautner (+150%)
5. black friday 2009 (+120%)
6. black friday ads (+100%)
7. twilight (+90%)
8. robert pattinson (+70%)
9. debenhams (+70%)
10. kristen stewart (+60%)
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Interim Head of Marketing / Marketing Manager / Dig...
£28 - 36k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Brand Manager / Senior Account Manager is nee...
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...
£40k - £50k depending on experience: Sheffield Doc/Fest: Sheffield Doc/Fest is...