The name of Paraguay World Cup team player Salvador Cabañas is the search term with the most significant growth worldwide over the last seven days on February 1.
The soccer player was shot in the head early on the morning of January 25 while out at a bar in Mexico. Cabañas is reportedly in a stable condition but doctors are unable to dislodge the bullet from his head for the moment for fear of causing damage to his brain.
Searches related to Apple's newest product, the iPad, have shot up into the top of the Google Insights list of trending topics taking the second, third, fifth and sixth positions in the chart in some form.
The device was announced on January 27 at a press event in San Francisco. Technology journalists have been conflicted about the merits and future success of the device. Some are still describing the iPad as Steve Job's "Jesus tablet" while many others are dismissing the device as nothing more than "an over-sized iPod" with a name that sounds like a female sanitary product.
The search terms with the most significant growth worldwide in the last seven days as measured by Google Insights, recorded on February 1 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. salvador cabañas (Breakout)
2. ipad (Breakout)
3. apple ipad (Breakout)
4. enem (+750%) ("Exame Nacional do Ensino Médio" or High School National Exam in Brazil)
5. apple tablet (+300%)
6. apple (+110%)
7. wetter (+80%) (German for "weather")
8. meteo france (+80%) (French for "weather forecast in France")
9. pole emploi (+50%) (French for "employment service")
10. meteo (+50%) (French for "weather forecast")