Current Google Insights trends: Salvador Cabañas, iPad
Monday 01 February 2010
The name of Paraguay World Cup team player Salvador Cabañas is the search term with the most significant growth worldwide over the last seven days on February 1.
The soccer player was shot in the head early on the morning of January 25 while out at a bar in Mexico. Cabañas is reportedly in a stable condition but doctors are unable to dislodge the bullet from his head for the moment for fear of causing damage to his brain.
Searches related to Apple's newest product, the iPad, have shot up into the top of the Google Insights list of trending topics taking the second, third, fifth and sixth positions in the chart in some form.
The device was announced on January 27 at a press event in San Francisco. Technology journalists have been conflicted about the merits and future success of the device. Some are still describing the iPad as Steve Job's "Jesus tablet" while many others are dismissing the device as nothing more than "an over-sized iPod" with a name that sounds like a female sanitary product.
The search terms with the most significant growth worldwide in the last seven days as measured by Google Insights, recorded on February 1 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. salvador cabañas (Breakout)
2. ipad (Breakout)
3. apple ipad (Breakout)
4. enem (+750%) ("Exame Nacional do Ensino Médio" or High School National Exam in Brazil)
5. apple tablet (+300%)
6. apple (+110%)
7. wetter (+80%) (German for "weather")
8. meteo france (+80%) (French for "weather forecast in France")
9. pole emploi (+50%) (French for "employment service")
10. meteo (+50%) (French for "weather forecast")
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Israel-Gaza conflict: Death toll tops 125 after overnight raids as Operation Protective Edge continues
Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
Ian Thorpe gay: Olympic swimmer comes out in Parkinson interview
Supermoon 2014: When and why will the moon look bigger and brighter this summer?
Gaza-Israel conflict: Pro-Palestinian demonstrators take to streets of London, Paris and New York in wave of protests
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Japanese plant experts produce 10,000 lettuce heads a day in LED-lit indoor farm
- 3 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
£28000 - £32000 per annum + pension, 25 days holiday: Ashdown Group: A highly ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Sales Engineer - Cow...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...
£45-£57k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...