Current Google Insights trends: Salvador Cabañas, iPad
Monday 01 February 2010
The name of Paraguay World Cup team player Salvador Cabañas is the search term with the most significant growth worldwide over the last seven days on February 1.
The soccer player was shot in the head early on the morning of January 25 while out at a bar in Mexico. Cabañas is reportedly in a stable condition but doctors are unable to dislodge the bullet from his head for the moment for fear of causing damage to his brain.
Searches related to Apple's newest product, the iPad, have shot up into the top of the Google Insights list of trending topics taking the second, third, fifth and sixth positions in the chart in some form.
The device was announced on January 27 at a press event in San Francisco. Technology journalists have been conflicted about the merits and future success of the device. Some are still describing the iPad as Steve Job's "Jesus tablet" while many others are dismissing the device as nothing more than "an over-sized iPod" with a name that sounds like a female sanitary product.
The search terms with the most significant growth worldwide in the last seven days as measured by Google Insights, recorded on February 1 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. salvador cabañas (Breakout)
2. ipad (Breakout)
3. apple ipad (Breakout)
4. enem (+750%) ("Exame Nacional do Ensino Médio" or High School National Exam in Brazil)
5. apple tablet (+300%)
6. apple (+110%)
7. wetter (+80%) (German for "weather")
8. meteo france (+80%) (French for "weather forecast in France")
9. pole emploi (+50%) (French for "employment service")
10. meteo (+50%) (French for "weather forecast")
PlayStation and Xbox hacked by Lizard Squad
Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
UK weather: Travel chaos continues as King's Cross train delays add to snow on roads
The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 1 The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
- 2 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 3 Andy Murray takes to Twitter to show off his Christmas jumper
- 4 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 5 Top 10 travel destinations for 2015: From Haiti and Alaska to Namibia and Iceland
£40000 - £45000 per annum + car allowance: Ashdown Group: Senior Brand Manager...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a .NET Developer /.NET Software ...
£18 - 24k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Marketing Analyst / Online Marketing...
£Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Technical Ope...