Current Google Insights trends: the deaths of Brittany Murphy and Chris Henry
Tuesday 22 December 2009
For the second day running the name of American football player Chris Henry is topping Google Insights' list of rising terms on December 22.
The 26-year-old NFL star passed away on December 17 after he fell out of the back of a moving truck. Henry was reportedly arguing with his fiancée, the driver of the truck, before the incident occurred.
Another celebrity death this week has shocked people across the world and driven related searches into overdrive on December 22.
Thirty-two-year-old American actress and singer Brittany Murphy reportedly collapsed in her bathroom in the morning of December 20 and was pronounced dead on arrival at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after going into cardiac arrest.
Weather-related searches continue to rise in popularity on Google's list of trending searches the morning of December 22.
The majority of weather-related search queries are being generated by people living in European cities where a "cold snap" and heavy snow have brought some transport networks to a standstill this past week.
The search terms with the most significant growth worldwide in the last seven days as measured by Google Insights, recorded on December 22 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. chris henry (Breakout)
2. brittany murphy (Breakout)
3. belen esteban (+1,100%)
4. met office (+400%)
5. meteo france (+300%) (France's weather service)
6. bbc weather (+300%)
7. avatar (+160%)
8. meteo (+120%) (French for "weather forecast")
9. cricinfo (+110%) (cricket information)
10. weather forecast (+80%)
*Breakout defines a search term that has experienced a change in growth greater than 5000 percent.
Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
Seth Rogen compiles list of all the celebrities he’s got high with
Oscar Pistorius trial: Photographs of Paralympian splattered in blood after Reeva Steenkamp shooting shown in court
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: New radar evidence suggests missing plane may have been hijacked
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your scrolling
- 3 Istanbul protesters take 'Ellen selfie' from the back of a police van
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
- 5 Lady Gaga has struggled with eating disorders in the past, so it's indefensible that she's glamourising bulimia in her SXSW set
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The world's leading mobile adver...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: This company is made up of award...
Lunch and travel expenses: Inspiring Interns: Tearing up the world of graduate...
£45,000+ benefits: Freshtechit: Digital Project Manager London (Greater) / Ric...