Current Twitter trends: Music Monday, 'I have never used'
Monday 16 November 2009
"Music Monday (#MusicMonday)" is the top trending topic on the morning of November 16.
People on Twitter use the weekly meme to recommend music and artists to their friends and followers.
The term "I have never used" is gaining popularity, as users discuss the things they have "never used".The term started trending after US President Barack Obama confessed, "I have never used Twitter," whilst speaking to a group of students in Shanghai on Monday.
The term has quickly changed from people discussing the president's comments to people sharing the names of technologies, drugs and other products they have not used. Tweets include, "I have never used an iPhone :(," "I Have Never Used a Friend" and "I have never used disposable chopsticks to kill someone!"
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on November 16 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. #musicmonday (new)
2. I Have Never Used (new)
3. #wherethehellyoubeen (new)
4. #theresway2many (new)
5. New Moon (new)
6. #mm (new) (short for "#MusicMonday")
7. Goodnight (+1)
8. #YouMightBeALiberal (new)
9. Modern Warfare 2 (-3)
10. MW2 (-3) (short for Modern Warfare 2)
VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
Bank Holiday Monday opening times: Are Tesco, Asda and other supermarkets open today?
Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
The nine most warmongering countries in the world revealed
Isis releases graphic video showing four Shia 'spies' being burned alive in Anbar, Iraq
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 I like Corbyn, but let's face it: we don't need another white man at the head of a political party
COMPETITIVE + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: A Lead Systems Developer / Sof...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: The world's leading financial services careers...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Digital Marketing Executive...
40-45K DOE + Benefits: Guru Careers: An Account Manager / Senior Account Manag...