Current Twitter trends: Music Monday, 'I have never used'
Monday 16 November 2009
"Music Monday (#MusicMonday)" is the top trending topic on the morning of November 16.
People on Twitter use the weekly meme to recommend music and artists to their friends and followers.
The term "I have never used" is gaining popularity, as users discuss the things they have "never used".The term started trending after US President Barack Obama confessed, "I have never used Twitter," whilst speaking to a group of students in Shanghai on Monday.
The term has quickly changed from people discussing the president's comments to people sharing the names of technologies, drugs and other products they have not used. Tweets include, "I have never used an iPhone :(," "I Have Never Used a Friend" and "I have never used disposable chopsticks to kill someone!"
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on November 16 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. #musicmonday (new)
2. I Have Never Used (new)
3. #wherethehellyoubeen (new)
4. #theresway2many (new)
5. New Moon (new)
6. #mm (new) (short for "#MusicMonday")
7. Goodnight (+1)
8. #YouMightBeALiberal (new)
9. Modern Warfare 2 (-3)
10. MW2 (-3) (short for Modern Warfare 2)
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer tried to break into locked cockpit door 'with an axe' as plane was descending
- 3 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Web Developer -...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits - see advert: Ashdown Group: .N...
£25 - 30K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an exceptional 3D Package Designer / 3...
£Competitive: Guru Careers: We are seeking a strong Middleweight / Senior Inte...