Current Twitter trends: Music Monday, 'I have never used'
Monday 16 November 2009
"Music Monday (#MusicMonday)" is the top trending topic on the morning of November 16.
People on Twitter use the weekly meme to recommend music and artists to their friends and followers.
The term "I have never used" is gaining popularity, as users discuss the things they have "never used".The term started trending after US President Barack Obama confessed, "I have never used Twitter," whilst speaking to a group of students in Shanghai on Monday.
The term has quickly changed from people discussing the president's comments to people sharing the names of technologies, drugs and other products they have not used. Tweets include, "I have never used an iPhone :(," "I Have Never Used a Friend" and "I have never used disposable chopsticks to kill someone!"
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on November 16 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. #musicmonday (new)
2. I Have Never Used (new)
3. #wherethehellyoubeen (new)
4. #theresway2many (new)
5. New Moon (new)
6. #mm (new) (short for "#MusicMonday")
7. Goodnight (+1)
8. #YouMightBeALiberal (new)
9. Modern Warfare 2 (-3)
10. MW2 (-3) (short for Modern Warfare 2)
Eleven members of same family hospitalised after eating deadly pufferfish
Phone-hacking: The Piers Morgan connection - Mirror admits some stories during Morgan's tenure may have been obtained by illegal means
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
competitive benefits: Sauce Recruitment: Outstanding analytic expertise is req...
competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: Are you the king or Queen o...
£50k + commission: Savvy Media Ltd: Great opportunity to work for a team that ...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel like your sales role...