Current Twitter trends: Music Monday, 'Twitter Declared'
Monday 30 November 2009
Music Monday is the most talked about topic on Twitter on the morning of November 30.
Twitter users are using both "MM" and "#Music Monday" to tweet about their favorite musicians and music for today.
On Sunday, November 29, The Global Language Monitor declared "Twitter" the most popular English word for the year 2009. Twitter beat "Obama," "H1N1," "stimulus," and "vampire" to gain the top position in The Global Language Monitor's annual global survey of the English language.
People on the social networking site are microblogging about the win, posting links to The Global Language Monitor's article.
Google Wave continues to be among the top of Twitter's most talked about topics. More and more people are receiving invitations to Google's real-time collaboration and social networking platform resulting in an increasing amount of posts on Twitter advertising extra invites to Google Wave.
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on November 30 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. #musicmonday (new)
2. Google Wave (unchanged)
3. Twitter Declared (new)
4. #isitme (new)
5. New Moon (-2)
6. #omgfacts (new)
7. Tweetie 2 (new)
8. #spill (new)
9. #MM (new) (short for Music Monday)
10. Dubai (new)
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Web Deve...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: Are you an ambitious, money moti...
£22000 - £23000 per annum + training: Ashdown Group: Graduate Graphic Designer...
£50,000- £70,000 + commission : Sphere Digital Recruitment: This DSP is an onl...