Current Twitter trends: 'Thou shall not' and 'Christmas'
Thursday 17 December 2009
"Thou shall not (#thoushallnot)" is the top trending topic on Twitter on the morning of December 17.
Twitterers are adding their own commandments to the original 10 this morning as they instruct their followers on what "thou shall not" do. Though it's unclear if anyone is actually following the directions, users are quick to offer them.
"#Thoushallnot forget condoms cost $8 a box as opposed to 25% of your gross income going to child support" and "#thoushallnot say 'we need a change' [if you have] never voted in your whole life," proclaimed some of the Twitter contributors.
As the holiday nears, "Christmas" is on the rise in the trending topics, jumping two places to the number three spot. "Now playing" is also holding strong for the third day in a row at the number two position as users continue to tweet their current music and film choices.
"#Omgfacts" is also on the rise after it reappeared again on the list on December 15. The sporadically appearing trend is being used to share shocking or surprising facts that might cause someone to exclaim, "Oh my God!"
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on December 17 at 9:30 AM GMT are:
1. #thoushallnot (new)
2. #nowplaying (unchanged)
3. Christmas (+2)
4. #omgfacts (+3)
5. Xmas (+3)
6. Avatar (new)
7. #playedout (new)
8. Iron Man 2 (new)
9. Copenhagen (+1)
10. Goodnight (new)
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + up to £45,000: Sauce Recruitment: The Internation...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A thriving online media busines...