Dave Brown named Political Cartoonist of the Year
Friday 03 December 2004
Dave Brown of The Independent was named as Political Cartoonist of the Year last night.
Michael Portillo presented him with the award yesterday evening at the offices of The Economist. Judges from the Political Cartoon Society, who chose Brown from a field of the 50 cartoonists on national newspapers, praised his "talent, energy and inspiration".
They said: "He employs a wealth of references and demonstrates wonderful draughtmanship. His consistency of quality and variety of wonderful ideas prevent him from becoming a tired raconteur at a party." They also praised his "fresh, varied and innovative journalism."
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
£22000 per annum + pension,bonus,career progression: Ashdown Group: An establi...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + up to £45,000: Sauce Recruitment: The Internation...