Experts' expert in Essex
Sunday 04 May 1997
I caught up with this 69-year-old publishing phenomenon at his home in Essex. The secret of his books' success is simplicity: "People want answers quickly, they don't want to study the subject. If they have to read a lot, I've blown it."
How does he feel about the election? "Like a lot of businessmen I'm quite laid-back and relaxed about this Labour government. If they screw it up, we'll put the Tories back in."
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- < Previous
- Next >
£6.31 per day: Inspiring Interns: One of the biggest names in sport is offerin...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: This company is a division of th...
Up to £22K (OTE year 1 - £40,000): Seltek Consultants Ltd: Seltek is a leading...
£285 per day: PCR Recruitment Limited: This is a unique opportunity for an Ent...