Tuesday 16 May 1995
Refuge, the world's first refuge for battered women and children, founded in 1971, is launching its first cinema advertising campaign. The one-minute commercial, directed by the BAFTA award winning Richard Spence, will be seen by movie goers across the UK in over 200 Warner Brothers cinemas. Refuge says the ad has been made to increase both funding and public awareness "of the frightening prevalence of abuse against women". The launch for the ad yesterday was attended by Sandra Maitland and Tiffany Chapman, otherwise known as Brookside's Mandy and Rachel Jordache, due either to go down or be let off in tonight's episode for the murder of the wife- beating, child-abusing Trevor.
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: Details emerge of two young Iranians using stolen passports in search for a better life
Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
Oscar Pistorius trial: Athlete's friend asked him if 'he was f***ing mad' after shooting through sunroof
How climate change helped Genghis Khan: Scientists believe a sudden period of warmer weather allowed the Mongols to invade with such success
- 1 Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
- 2 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 3 Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: One of the largest mobile advert...
£960 - £1550 per month: Inspiring Interns: Our client has been at the forefron...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a leading digital agency bu...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...