Tuesday 16 May 1995
Refuge, the world's first refuge for battered women and children, founded in 1971, is launching its first cinema advertising campaign. The one-minute commercial, directed by the BAFTA award winning Richard Spence, will be seen by movie goers across the UK in over 200 Warner Brothers cinemas. Refuge says the ad has been made to increase both funding and public awareness "of the frightening prevalence of abuse against women". The launch for the ad yesterday was attended by Sandra Maitland and Tiffany Chapman, otherwise known as Brookside's Mandy and Rachel Jordache, due either to go down or be let off in tonight's episode for the murder of the wife- beating, child-abusing Trevor.
Isis 'throw man off a building for homosexual affair' and beat him to death when he survives
Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
Boris Johnson claims porn-obsessed Islamic jihadists are 'literally w*****s'
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Lead Web Develo...
£33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An External Relations Executive is requi...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This established Digital Agency based in East ...
£35 - 45K + COMMISSION (NEG): Guru Careers: A Sales Director / Business Develo...