Gummer's lottery logic
Tuesday 13 June 1995
Who will benefit from the pounds 80m plus of lottery cash to be directed into British films? Peter Gummer, chairman of the Arts Council Lottery Board, does not rule out putting money into films with US backing. "Each on its merit," he says. Nor will there be an insistence that scripts are written by Britons. He spots a market gap in encouraging medium-budget films. The scheme is to be run on the same basis as the British Screen Fund. The key difference will be that the lottery money can be used to fund distribution. Other candidates for funds include independent cinemas wishing to add air conditioning.
Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
Greek hospitals cannot afford painkillers, scissors or sheets as budget cuts bite
Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
- 3 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: A Senior Account Manager / SAM is needed to join the ...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Manager...