Tuesday 01 August 1995
Much attention has been paid to who might buy Reed Elsevier's UK regional newspapers, recently put up for sale. But little noise has been generated about the likely fate of the company's Dutch dailies, particularly the giant Die Telegraaf. Rumour has it that News International might be interested, having bought all it could possibly buy in the UK. The prospect of Rupert Murdoch owning a major Dutch daily has already set off alarm bells in the Low Countries, where locals don't want to see a repetition of Murdoch's assault on the UK media market. NI has no comment.
Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
Mohammed Emwazi: Family of man named as 'Jihadi John' described by neighbours as 'normal Muslim family'
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we know about man named as Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Web Deve...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: Are you an ambitious, money moti...
£22000 - £23000 per annum + training: Ashdown Group: Graduate Graphic Designer...
£50,000- £70,000 + commission : Sphere Digital Recruitment: This DSP is an onl...