Hello! & Me: Michael Winner
Friday 09 May 2008
I was in one of their very first editions – and of course at that time we didn't know they paid money for interviews. We thought it was just a normal interview – we did it for nothing. So they got about six pages of Jenny and me for free.
I think they do it very well. It's nice to know there's a magazine that's not out to kill you. It really is a great relief.
It does take a bit of time so they should pay money, bless 'em, because it's not like a normal interview where they come and take one photograph of you. My house is always tidy, but you do have to keep changing clothes, and walk around the place. I think it takes well over a day. But they do it very nicely.
The last time was a few weeks ago and I thought it was very good. Sometimes they do look a bit peculiar, but on the whole it's a nice magazine. They're very nice people. They're reliable. They do what they say they're going to do. I must say I like dealing with them. I regret they lost that wonderful countess, whatever she was – she was handing money out like it was going out of style, and very charming, too.
I don't actually buy Hello! because I've stopped buying all magazines except Country Life. But they do have it on my private jets a lot, so I look at it then. I look at it in amazement.
Syria conflict: President Assad finally turns on Isis as government steps up campaign against militant strongholds
Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
Iraq crisis: Islamic State's message to America - 'We will drown you all in blood'
Ferguson: In the heartlands of America, a descent into madness
Celebrity Big Brother 2014: Audley Harrison meets Kellie Maloney: 'Was Kellie really the best you could come up with?'
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
£45-50k (DOE) + Bonus & Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced ...
£30 - 35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Account Manager to join ...
£Excellent + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Social Advertising Manager / Social Med...
£30 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Front End Web Developer (PHP ...