It's that time again
Tuesday 25 April 1995
The Sony Radio awards bash is tomorrow, amid a little tiff. BBC Radio Scotland is cross it is no longer considered a national broadcaster and therefore unable to defend its title in the category of the same name. Keenest disappointment, however, is felt by commercial radio - over half the nation tunes in, yet it has received only 14 out of 76 nominations. ``The judges are not members of the public,'' explains Brian West, director of the Association of Independent Radio Companies (without a trace of bitterness). ``They're usually practitioners." Pause. "Perhaps they look at it in a more artistic light.''
Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer tried to break into locked cockpit door 'with an axe' as plane was descending
Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons
The battle for the Middle East's future begins in Yemen as Saudi Arabia jumps into the abyss
Jeremy Clarkson 'could be given minder' ahead of a potential Top Gear return
#FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Web Developer -...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits - see advert: Ashdown Group: .N...
£25 - 30K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an exceptional 3D Package Designer / 3...
£Competitive: Guru Careers: We are seeking a strong Middleweight / Senior Inte...