Making the Grade
Tuesday 13 June 1995
Britain needs a better system of selecting the people who sit on media regulator bodies, Michael Grade, chief executive of Channel 4, told a recent Institute of Public Policy Research seminar. He said that in South Africa the selection process was supervised by the judiciary, "appointing the best candidates from the thousands of nominees who responded to a public invitation to apply. The members thus selected are intelligent and fully in touch with the needs of the population." Now who could he be comparing them with?
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks
£45 - £55k DOE: Guru Careers: A Financial Controller is required to join a suc...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£13000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A chance to work for an extreme...
£28000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award-winning company, whi...