Media / Talk of the Trade: Strange things for breakfast
Wednesday 30 September 1992
One of the more curious aspects of the show is the way that ITN, supplying a rudimentary news service, is trying to jazz up its act. 'It is hard to take this seriously,' said the presenter Peter Smith yesterday. On Monday it had an item that ran: 'If having great legs makes you President of the United States . . . then Clinton should win.'
Whatever happens to the show, with its spots for worst traffic jam, My Pet (yesterday a python lover) and true romance, it is to be relaunched in January anyway, when it will be competing head-on for advertising with GMTV.
America’s new apartheid: Prosperous white districts are choosing to break away from black cities and go it alone
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
YouTube video posted by Isis militants shows 'execution of 250 Syrian soldiers'
Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
- < Previous
- Next >
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum + 25 days holiday and bonus: Clearwater People Solut...
£15,000 - £20,000: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join...
£20,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join...