Media / Talk of the Trade: Strange things for breakfast
Wednesday 30 September 1992
One of the more curious aspects of the show is the way that ITN, supplying a rudimentary news service, is trying to jazz up its act. 'It is hard to take this seriously,' said the presenter Peter Smith yesterday. On Monday it had an item that ran: 'If having great legs makes you President of the United States . . . then Clinton should win.'
Whatever happens to the show, with its spots for worst traffic jam, My Pet (yesterday a python lover) and true romance, it is to be relaunched in January anyway, when it will be competing head-on for advertising with GMTV.
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£50000 per annum + 26 days, pension, private medical : Ashdown Group: A highly...
£25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Service Desk Analyst - Chessington, Surrey...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Charter Selection: This renowned and well establish...