Media / Talk of the Trade: Strange things for breakfast
Wednesday 30 September 1992
One of the more curious aspects of the show is the way that ITN, supplying a rudimentary news service, is trying to jazz up its act. 'It is hard to take this seriously,' said the presenter Peter Smith yesterday. On Monday it had an item that ran: 'If having great legs makes you President of the United States . . . then Clinton should win.'
Whatever happens to the show, with its spots for worst traffic jam, My Pet (yesterday a python lover) and true romance, it is to be relaunched in January anyway, when it will be competing head-on for advertising with GMTV.
David Cameron stung by jellyfish: PM hurt after ignoring advice of locals while on holiday
South Korea ferry: Vice principal rescued from sinking ship found hanged
Oscar Pistorius trial: The case against Oscar Pistorius – and why the prosecution claims his story doesn't add up
Peaches Geldof funeral: Private ceremony to be held at same place as her mother Paula Yates on Easter Monday
Shropshire criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
£26K-30k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£25K-28k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...