Media: Talk of the Trade: Chinese take-away
Wednesday 30 June 1993
Star is still seeking outside investment even though for the time being Murdoch has dropped his other plan to take a stake in a Hong Kong company, Television Broadcasts Ltd, which hopes to rival Star's five satellite channels. It is all a cause for worry at WSTV, although the BBC has a 10-year contract with Star giving it a veto on purchasers.
The newsletter Cable and Satellite Express reports this week that WSTV is a liability to Star because its news reports upset China, where 4.8 million homes receive its programmes. However, Peking, which withdrew WSTV's licence to broadcast there for political reasons last year, has restored it.
Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
Mick Jagger denies being World Cup curse and reason for Brazil’s embarrassing defeat
Israel-Gaza crisis: ‘We just want it to end… We don’t deserve to live like this’
Israel-Gaza crisis: Eight killed in Gaza Strip cafe while watching World Cup semi-final
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...
£45-£57k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Social Media Director (Gl...
£28,000 - £31,000: Sauce Recruitment: A Global media business based in West Lo...