Media: Talk of the Trade: Chinese take-away
Wednesday 30 June 1993
Star is still seeking outside investment even though for the time being Murdoch has dropped his other plan to take a stake in a Hong Kong company, Television Broadcasts Ltd, which hopes to rival Star's five satellite channels. It is all a cause for worry at WSTV, although the BBC has a 10-year contract with Star giving it a veto on purchasers.
The newsletter Cable and Satellite Express reports this week that WSTV is a liability to Star because its news reports upset China, where 4.8 million homes receive its programmes. However, Peking, which withdrew WSTV's licence to broadcast there for political reasons last year, has restored it.
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£60k - 80k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£35k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We are currently recruit...