Media: Talk of the Trade: Chinese take-away
Wednesday 30 June 1993
Star is still seeking outside investment even though for the time being Murdoch has dropped his other plan to take a stake in a Hong Kong company, Television Broadcasts Ltd, which hopes to rival Star's five satellite channels. It is all a cause for worry at WSTV, although the BBC has a 10-year contract with Star giving it a veto on purchasers.
The newsletter Cable and Satellite Express reports this week that WSTV is a liability to Star because its news reports upset China, where 4.8 million homes receive its programmes. However, Peking, which withdrew WSTV's licence to broadcast there for political reasons last year, has restored it.
Hopes raised for treatment of severe amnesia after scientists retrieve lost memory – using light
Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
Poorest part of London is wealthier than the richest parts of Northern Ireland and Wales
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Gay teenager's yearbook quote mocks the gender pay gap perfectly
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 3 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 4 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 5 Man jumps into bear pen at zoo, fights bear and loses
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Rapid growth has seen a number ...
£20 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Graduate Software Develop...
£16000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: High quality, dedicated Delegat...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...