Media: Talk of The Trade: DIY designer dress
Wednesday 07 April 1993
John Willis, the channel's director of programmes, says: 'While other broadcasters might wish to see their director- general in an Armani suit, we are much more democratic. We will show that anyone can have a Jean Muir dress.'
Now that Channel 4 is selling its own advertising in competition with ITV, some fear that it might be forced to dilute its up- market mixture to increase audiences. But Mr Willis says: 'I certainly don't believe there is any down-market or populist drift at Channel 4. One of the ways that a channel plays safe is not to introduce new series. We've got 28 new series. That represents risk. And our disability series is moving from 5pm to the prime time of 8pm.'
World's most lethal spider found under a bunch of bananas
Rumours that the star wants to move on to pastures new
Comedian says he 'never laughed as hard as I have writing with Rik'
Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
Oscar Pistorius sentencing: Olympic star must serve 10 years, prosecutor urges
Isis fighters 'crucify' 17-year-old boy in Syria
Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
Oscar Pistorius sentence: Athlete's wealth and notoriety provoke an overdue debate on South African prisons
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientists who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Meet Thea, Norway's 12-year-old child bride
- 5 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans
competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: My client is looking for an...
£60000 - £65000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A globally successful media and ...
competitive + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: Are you looking for your next role ...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: This is your chance to join a gl...