Media: Talk of The Trade: DIY designer dress
Wednesday 07 April 1993
John Willis, the channel's director of programmes, says: 'While other broadcasters might wish to see their director- general in an Armani suit, we are much more democratic. We will show that anyone can have a Jean Muir dress.'
Now that Channel 4 is selling its own advertising in competition with ITV, some fear that it might be forced to dilute its up- market mixture to increase audiences. But Mr Willis says: 'I certainly don't believe there is any down-market or populist drift at Channel 4. One of the ways that a channel plays safe is not to introduce new series. We've got 28 new series. That represents risk. And our disability series is moving from 5pm to the prime time of 8pm.'
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe in bikinis
Scottish independence: Final opinion polls show undecided voters could swing the result either way
Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
Hitler’s food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Alan Henning: British Muslim leaders unite to call on Isis to release hostage
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe in bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Hitler’s food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
£60000 - £85000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Interim Head of Marketing / Marketin...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...
£25 - 30k: Guru Careers: A Digital Project Manager is needed to join an exciti...
£24 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Paid Search Analyst / PPC...